Custom Peptide Libraries
Peptide Libraries consist of large numbers of custom peptides arranged in a systematic way to facilitate a mass screening process that will determine critical bioactive peptides. Scientific discovery within the fields of epitope mapping, target validation, vaccine development and drug discovery has been significantly enhanced by recent advances in peptide library technology.
Insight Biotechnology’s Peptide Library Services
- Taking advantage of modern, automated multiple peptide synthesizer platforms allows us to provide first rate peptide library services, in a rapid and cost effective way.
- Insight Biotechnology’s highly trained bioinformatics team will work with you to tailor these services towards the specific requirements of your project.
- Peptides can be supplied at any purity between 70% and 98%, crude or desalted.
- Peptides are supplied with HPLC chromatograph and mass spec analysis data as standard.
- Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation and customized quote. We guarantee a respond within 24 hours. Tel: +44(0)208 385 0303 Email:email@example.com.
The process of locating T-cell epitopes in particular can be greatly facilitated by production and large scale screening of peptide libraries. Peptide length and offset number are the two key parameters to consider when generating this type of peptide library.
Determining the shortest amino acid sequence required to elicit a functional response is vital in many fields of life science research and protein therapeutics. Truncated peptide libraries are constructed by systematically removing terminal amino acids. Additional knowledge of key residues required for functional activity plays an integral role in designing the most effective and targeted truncation peptide library. We have successfully augmented this process with Alanine scanning techniques in previous projects.
Substitution of amino acids to alanine within a specific peptide region is frequently used an efficient way to determine which residues are critical for functional activity. Generating peptides with alanine substitutions in a systematic way is known as an alanine scan peptide library. Although alanine is often the substitution of choice due to its small chiral nature, other amino acids may work better in certain circumstances and we can generate these libraries to your specifications.